Isuzu ‘s My15 Kb Range: Additional Punch For Workhorses
17 September 2015 – South Africa’s foremost bakkie specialist – Isuzu – has broadened the appeal of the iconic Isuzu KB by adding three carefully-configured derivatives to the range, bringing the tally of models to 18. Newcomers include a two-pedal 4×4 flagship model with features like a class-leading infotainment system and keyless entry and start/stop.
Each Isuzu KB is purpose-built for a clearly defined role in our uniquely demanding market
At the same time, a number of other changes have been implemented on the sixth-generation of the popular bakkie. When it comes to mechanical upgrades, the most significant is the wholesale change to a significantly uprated version of the 2.5-litre DTEQ turbodiesel for Fleetside and LE models.
With representation in 100 countries and regular best-selling performances in Thailand – the world’s biggest one-tonne pick-up market – Isuzu’s bakkie is a force to be reckoned with thanks to the company’s focus exclusively on commercial vehicles and robust processes for continually analysing and implementing feedback from the global marketplace.
The Isuzu KB nomenclature is unique to Southern Africa since 1981
Each Isuzu KB is purpose-built for a clearly defined role in our uniquely demanding market and tested to cope effortlessly with its particular application. The Isuzu KB nomenclature is unique to Southern Africa and has been in use since 1981, the Chevrolet LUV moniker used for the first-generation version, introduced in 1972.
The Isuzu KB 300 Highlights
New flagship: Isuzu KB 300 LX 4×4 Double Cab Automatic
- Addition of five-speed automatic transmission option adds refinement and ease of use for those seeking an SUV with a ‘bak’
- Standout exterior features include LED daytime running lights and LED technology in the rear lamps for improved visibility
- Class-leading payload and towing capacity
- Class-leading emissions and fuel consumption from tried and tested 3.0-litre turbodiesel
- Upmarket interior with keyless stop/start ignition – a segment first
- Touch-screen infotainment centre with integrated DVD, reverse camera and satellite navigation – a segment first
New workhorse models: Extended Cab and Double Cab Fleetside 4x2s
- 100kW/320Nm high-output 2.5-litre common-rail/direct-injection turbodiesel with variable geometry turbocharger boasts class-leading consumption and emission characteristics
- Bluetooth-enabled sound system for easy phone integration
- Rugged, black plastic bumper/valance designed in Isuzu’s school of hard knocks
- 16-inch wheels with 24h wheels with 245/70 dual-purpose tyres
Stability Control for all but entry-level single cabs
- High output 100kW/320Nm powerplant replaces low-output version across the range
- Height-adjustable steering added to Base models
- Cruise Control operate-clad steering wheel for LE-grade double cabs
- New cloth trim for LE and LX models
5-year/ 120 000 km warranty
All models are sold with a fully-comprehensive 5-year/ 120 000 km warranty and roadside assistance programme, a 5-year/ unlimited mileage anti-corrosion warranty and a 5-year/ 90 000 km service plan. Service intervals are 15 000 km or twelve months for all derivatives. Isuzu KBs are available from the GMSA dealer network.[schema type=”product” url=”https://www.isuzu.co.za/double-cab-overview?ppc=Isuzu_DoubleCab_GMI|ZA|ISU|GOOG|S|BD|A|NA|RTN|ISUDC|MPU|0|0|DoubleCab|NA|EN_google” name=”Isuzu KB300 ” brand=”Isuzu” manfu=”Isuzu” model=”Isuzu KB300″ ]