The KODO design inspired Mazda BT-50 was first introduced to the South African market in 2012. It was launched as an “Active Lifestyle Vehicle” with modern and refined styling that defied the conventional work-horse image of a bakkie. The intent was to not only attract traditional business users but to extend the appeal to a wide range of customers, including families and pleasure-seekers. The Mazda BT-50 Facelift is being introduced to further cater to these recreational buyers who enjoy both the outdoor and urban lifestyle.
- Redesigned Mazda BT-50 gives a sportier and more powerful presence than ever before.
- Now produced by Thailand manufacturing plant, Auto Alliance (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (AAT).
- BT-50 2.2L DBL 4×2 6MT SLX added to the model line-up.
- BT-50 2.2L DBL 4×2 6AT SLE introduces an automatic transmission.
- Mazda BT-50 Mazda Care Warranty and Service upgraded to 3year/Unlimited kilometres
The facelift bakkie maintains the versatile practicality and exhilarating driving performance of the current model while the design has been updated to give it a sportier and more powerful presence than ever before. New exterior styling incorporates a newly designed front face, redesigned side steps, rear combination lamps and 17 inch aluminum wheels. The interior has also been refined to give a higher-quality feel with the addition of Bluetooth, Steering Wheel Switches and Cruise Control from the SLX model. The SLE model picks up new features that include a rear-view camera, an auto diming mirror and electrical driver seat adjustment.
The BT-50 Double Cab will be available in the following derivatives: 2.2L 4×2 6MT SLE, 3.2L 4×4 6MT SLE and 3.2L 4×4 6AT SLE as well as new model derivatives 2.2L 4×2 6MT SLX and 2.2L 4×2 6AT SLE. Produced and fully imported from the Auto Alliance (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (AAT), plant in Thailand, the facelift offers seven exterior colour options; True Red, Aluminum Metallic, Cool White, Jet Black, Deep Crystal Blue, Blue Reflex and Titanium Flash.
The refined BT-50 has expressive styling, high quality interior and outstanding driving dynamics that reflect Mazda’s DNA.
The BT-50 Mazda Care plan is now aligned with that of Mazda passenger vehicles; with a 3-year unlimited kilometre factory warranty, 3-year service plan and 3-year roadside assistance. For complete peace of mind motoring; a Customer Service Guarantee on pre-arranged repairs is also included.
Model Lineup and Pricing (Incl VAT)
BT-50 2.2L DE SLX 6MT 4X2 – R441,600
- Max power 110kW @3700 rpm
- Max torque 375Nm @ 1500-2500 rpm
- Fuel consumption 7.6/100km
- 6 speed Manual
- 6 speakers
- 16″ Alloy wheels
- Integrated Audio system (Radio/CD/USB/Aux)
- Multi-functional steering wheel w/switches
- Cruise control
- Locking rear diff (LRD)
- Tailgate lock
- Cloth seats
- Temperature display
- Front power windows
- 6 Airbags (D+P+S+C)
- Side step
- Front fog lamps
- Power adjustable mirrors/power fold
- Air conditioning
BT-50 2.2L DE SLE 6MT 4X2 – R447,700
6 Speed Auto – R497,700 (Incl VAT)
- 6-speed Manual/Automatic Transmission
- Dual zone ATC aircon
- Leather seats
- Chrome power windows
- Integrated Audio system – high
- 17″ Alloy wheels
- Headlamps Auto on/off
- Rain sensing wipers
- Parking sensors
- Reverse camera
- Auto diming mirror
- Electrical seat adjustment (Driver)
- Leather gear knob
- Electrical driver lumbar support
BT-50L 3.2L DE SLE 6MT 4X4 – R541,700
6 Speed Auto – R555,700
- Max power 147kW @ 3000rpm
- Max torque 470Nm @ 1750-2500rpm
- Fuel consumption Man (9.3L/100km) Auto (9.7L/100km)
- Load Adaptive Control
- Trailer Sway Mitigation
- Roll Over Mitigation
- Hill Launch Assist
Hill Descent Control