- Innovative driver assistance systems and safety features
- New exterior and interior design – sharper lines featuring the latest Volkswagen DNA
- 6-speed DSG transmission offered with all 2.0 TDI 103kW derivatives
- Alltrack available early in 2016
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has launched the fourth generation of its hugely popular Volkswagen Caddy in South Africa. Around 1.5 million units (23 400 sold in South Africa) of the third generation, model was sold worldwide during its eleven years in production.
The new Volkswagen Caddy has been enhanced and refined in every area to ensure that it continues to be the benchmark in its segment. At launch, three variants are available, namely Panel Van, Crew Bus and Trendline. The Alltrack variant, which replaces the CrossCaddy, will be available early in 2016.
The Panel Van and Crew Bus will appeal to commercial customers and the Trendline is the compact people-mover that is aimed at private customers.
The design of the new Volkswagen Caddy impresses with its sharpened folds and clearly defined surfaces with stylish clarity. The redesigned front and the distinctively presented rear give the new model an unmistakable character, without making the all-rounder any less recognisable.
While preserving all of its functional virtues, the high-quality urban delivery van has gained noticeably in presence, exclusivity and dynamism. In keeping with the expressive exterior, the vehicle’s interior also features accentuated lines and shapes. A striking horizontal band with integrated air vents and a new generation of infotainment equipment underline the new Volkswagen Caddy ‘s modern look.
The engine line-up of the new Volkswagen Caddy has been carried over from the previous model. The 1.6 petrol engine which is only available with the Panel Van and Crew Bus has been uprated to deliver 81kW of power instead of 75kW.
The two diesel engines are still the 2.0-litre TDI with the power output of 81kW and 103kW. They are available with all the variants.
The 1.6-litre and 2.0 TDI with 81kW are both available with a 5-speed manual transmission. Meanwhile, the 2.0 TDI with 103kW is only offered with a 6-speed DSG transmission.
The New Volkswagen Caddy Standard Features
- The Panel Van and Crew Bus are offered with a raft of safety features as standard. These include ABS, ESP, Multi-Collision Braking System, driver and front passenger airbags, Hill Hold (only available with 103kW) and Fatigue Detection (standard in 103kW and optional in other derivatives).
- Exclusively offered to coincide with the launch of the new Volkswagen Caddy, a special edition Panel Van Sport derivative will be available. It is based on the Caddy Panel Van and features a diverse range of extras. These include painted bumpers, electric windows and side mirrors, 16-inch Fortaleza alloy wheels, Composition Audio radio with LCD Screen, Climatic manual air-conditioning system and Comfort package (cruise control, front fog lights and multi-function display).
- The standard features offered with the Trendline include electrically adjustable side mirrors, electric windows, Composition Colour CD/Radio with Bluetooth, USB port and 6-speakers, alloy wheels, Climatic manual air-conditioning system, drawers under front seats, leather steering wheel, multi-function display and speed sensitive power steering.
Customers of the new Volkswagen Caddy can individualise their cars with variety of the optional features. The available optional features for the Panel Van and Crew Bus include towbar, 15 and 16-inch alloy wheels, Park Distance Control and Radio/CD systems.
For the Trendline, the options on offer are multi-function steering, 7-seater package, bi-xenon headlights, light and sight package (light and rain sensors, cruise control and auto-dimming rear view mirror).
Retail Prices (VAT Included & emissions tax on passenger models)
|Caddy Panel Van 1.6i 81kW||R229 400|
|Caddy Panel Van 2.0 TDI 81kW||R260 500|
|Caddy Maxi Panel Van 2.0 TDI 81kW||R283 700|
|Caddy Maxi Panel Van Sport 2.0 TDI 81kW||R306 700|
|Caddy Maxi Panel Van 2.0 TDI 103kW DSG||R312 200|
|Caddy Crew Bus 1.6i 81kW||R222 400|
|Caddy Crew Bus 2.0 TDI 81kW||R265 200|
|Caddy Crew Bus 2.0 TDI 81kW||R296 700|
|Caddy Crew Bus 2.0 TDI 103kW DSG||R325 200|
|Caddy Trendline 2.0 TDI 81kW||R344 300|
|Caddy Maxi Trendline 2.0 TDI 81kW||R362 600|
|Caddy Maxi Trendline 2.0 TDI 103kW DSG||R391 600|
|Caddy Alltrack 2.0 TDI 81kW||R358 200|
|Caddy Alltrack 2.0 TDI 103kW DSG||R387 300|
Service and Warranty
The new Volkswagen Caddy Panel Van and Crew Bus come standard with a 2 year/unlimited kilometres warranty and a 3-year/60 000km Automotion Service Plan.
The new Volkswagen Caddy Trendline (including Alltrack) comes standard with 3 year/120 000 kilometre manufacturer warranty and a 3-year/60 000km Automotion Service Plan.
All models have a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty and 15 000 km service intervals.