Ever since the launch of Mahindra South Africa, the company has introduced products that are aimed at offering quality, value-for-money vehicles, perfectly suited to the unique South African market.
“To support our vision of becoming a household name in the country, we want to continue to supply world-class products and service to our discerning customers,” said Sanjoy Gupta, Chief Executive of Mahindra SA.
“Offering the best of both worlds, the Mahindra vehicles are not only stylish, reliable and practical vehicles, but are also perfectly suited for the South African work environment and lifestyle, at a value-for-money price.”
The Bolero Range
The Bolero-range has been highly successful since its local launch in 2004, and has been specifically popular with farmers, corporate fleets and small business owners.
- Mahindra’s workhorse 2,5-litre turbo-diesel Bolero is available as 4×4 or 4×2 single-cab derivatives.
- The tough four-cylinder engine delivers 74kW at 3 800 r/min and excellent torque of 238N.m at 1 800 r/min.
- Mahindra SA in recent years added another two variants to the Bolero range: the 2,5-litre turbo-diesel Single Cab 4×2 Loader bakkie at R149 995 and the Bolero Maxi Truck Plus at R132 995.
- The Boleros come with a factory warranty of 2 years/50 000km, whichever occurs first.
The Scorpio Range
- These Mahindras are powered by either a 2,5-litre NEF or 2,2-litre mHawk intercooled turbo-diesel engine that thrives in South African conditions.
- The 2,2-litre turbo-diesel engine is designed for optimum fuel efficiency and to make driving a real pleasure. It delivers 89kW at 4 000 r/min and an impressive 290N.m of torque between 1 600 and 2 800 r/min.
- Pricing for the Scorpio starts at R169 995. The Scorpio comes with a factory warranty of 3 years/100 000km, whichever occurs first.
The Genio Range
- Moreover, it is engineered to be as rugged and robust as the other members of the Mahindra family, such as the Bolero and Scorpio, which have already proven themselves in local conditions,” comments Gupta.
- Equipped with the 2,2-litre mHawk turbo-diesel engine, the Genio delivers excellent economy of operation with a lowly 7,9 litre/100km consumption figure in the combined cycle.
- The Genio is priced from R169 995, and comes with a factory warranty of 3 years/100 000km, whichever occurs first.
An important point for farmers and agribusiness to note is that Mahindra SA recognises agriculture as a strategic economic sector, and buyers in this sector therefore qualify for maximum fleet discount. Please contact your nearest Mahindra dealer for details.
About Mahindra South Africa
Mahindra SA is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra of India, which was established in 1945.
The company is a full-fledged organisation operating in South Africa, leveraging on the strength of its Indian roots and 64-year history.
Mahindra SA is celebrating its 11th year of operations in the country. Mahindra has a growing national footprint, with 61 dealerships in cities and towns across southern Africa, and ensures peace of mind through its after sales network.
With a 5 000m² parts warehouse, which hosts approximately 215 000 items, Mahindra is able to ensure a 95% parts supply, with an exceptional delivery time of 48-72 hours from order.
The company has also expanded into other sub-Saharan countries, currently exporting vehicles to Zimbabwe, Zambia, Swaziland and Namibia.
Mahindra SA has achieved significant growth in the country after its establishment locally in October 2004, and since then, the company has sold approximately 29 000 vehicles.